Total persons: 5 pax
Exchange Currency at that time: 1 USD = RM3.40 and 1 USD= VND16,000Cash In Hand: USD300 ( for extra food and shopping) Cost excluding below.
Accommodation at Hanoi= Hanoi Guest House
KB-KLCT-KB Total Flight Cost: RM 544.90
KLCT-Hanoi-KLCT Total Flight Cost: RM 3,100.00 (Including Insurance)
Once I got my air tickets confirmed, I started surfing and checked for more information about places of interest, hotels and review by other travelers, and calling for quotations on tour package. You can also read through other people's blog, surfing the net for websites on hotels or Youtube.
One thing I am amazed about Vietnam or specifically about Hanoi hostels are that they are quick in responding to every emails sent to them. In fact, I emailed a few hostel asking for room rates and tour packages. Within few days, I got the respond from them.
Another good thing is that, booking hotels through email does not require any deposit in Hanoi in contrast with Malaysian hotels. This is from Hanoi Guest House:
* On 6th Dec : pick up at the airport and take a night train to Sapa 3nites/2days @ 75 USD * 5pax = 375 USD.
* On 7th Dec : Sapa
* On 8th Dec : Sapa and night train to return Hanoi.
* On 9th Dec : arrive Hanoi and going to Ha Long bay 2days/1nite @ 35USD * 5 pax = 175 USD.
* On 10th Dec : come back Hanoi and stay with us @ 15 USD ( trpl ) +13 USD dbl = 28 USD.
* On 11th Dec : Visit Hanoi @ 28 USD ( 2rms )
* On 12nd Dec : Fly back home @ 20 USD ( 2ways ).
----------------------------------------------->>> Grand total : 626 USD.
For your information, most of the hostels in Hanoi are very clean and well decorated. What makes Hanoi Guest House stands out among the others is the service they provided. Thumbs up to Hanoi Guest House for the excellent service !